Echolier

Collegedale Academy

Collegedale Academy

Echolier

Collegedale Academy

Echolier

Sophomores Host First Ever CA Sleepover Christmas Party

On January 6, 2024 the first ever “sleepover” at CA was held by the Sophomore class officers as the class Christmas party. The class officers got together three hours before the event started and decorated the gym beautifully with Christmas lights in the hallway and all around the gym using the basketball hoops. A Christmas tree was erected in the middle donated by Nikki Ziesmer for the night. The chaperones were Mrs. Walwyn, Mrs. Schober, Mr. Dickson, and Mr. Groft. 38 sophomores came and 35 stayed the night.

One of the main highlights of the night was the classic game of hide and seek in the dark with a few twists. Because there are not very many hiding spots in a gym, the seeker had to say the name of the person they found in order for them to be out. Seekers had a flashlight in hand and had to be just quick enough to know who they had found before the hider could dash off again into the darkness. After a few games of this version were played, seekers got to use wool snowballs to hit the hiders instead of saying their name. Another twist was that once a hider was caught they would go to jail located in the gym hallway. If another hider that hadn’t been caught touched the jail, everyone inside would be free. Everyone enjoyed this game immensely and created quite a few hiding spots in the gym that no one would ever guess as the perfect hide and seek spot.

After all the games, everyone was welcome to watch the Christmas classic Home Alone or just hang out with friends. Snacks were in hand and there was an enjoyable two hours of just hanging out with a movie playing. The last part of the night consisted of a secret santa planned by Mr. Groft. A few weeks before the sleepover an email was sent out to fill a google form with all your favorite things. At the sleepover, everyone gathered around the Christmas tree and opened the gifts, all very thoughtfully chosen out. 

The next morning, a wonderful breakfast was made by the moms and the sophomores enjoyed hanging out, eating, and then heading home after an eventful night. Overall, the Sophomores had an amazing time. Kristen Mayr (10) remarks, “my favorite part was being able to stay up late and talk to my friends. It was so much fun!”