Echolier

Collegedale Academy

Collegedale Academy

Echolier

Collegedale Academy

Echolier

Class Basketball 2024

On the 10th of February, Collegedale Academy held their annual class basketball games. Class basketball is where the Student Association hosts a basketball competition against other classes for SA points. At the end of the year, the class with the highest number of points earns a skip day. Class games like basketball, softball, and football gain a lot of SA points to your class, making the competition intense.

First, the girls played Seniors vs Freshman, and Sophomores vs Juniors. The first senior girls game against the freshman was surprisingly close! Halfway through the game the freshman girls had a bit of a lead on the seniors, leaving everyone on the edge of their seats. The seniors ultimately won, but the  freshman lost only by a few points. On the other side of the gym, the juniors beat the sophomores but by the second half, the 10th grade girls had played their hearts out and beat the juniors by more than 30 points! 

Next the boys games began. Senior boys vs Freshman guys and Sophomore boys against Junior boys. The Seniors won their game, but the freshmen put in a valiant effort. The sophomores and junior game was close, but the juniors won. The last two games were intense with  senior guys vs junior guys and senior girls vs sophomore girls. On the guys side, the junior boys took the win with pride! On the girls side it was an extremely close game. The sophomore girls were ahead until the last quarter. They were behind 3 points, and suddenly Gina Rasi hit a 3-pointer leaving the two teams tied! With only a few seconds left to go into overtime! The senior girls went back into their offensive positions, and Yanely Sanchez took a defensive foul from one of the sophomores. Everyone watched on the sidelines, anticipating what would happen next. Yanely Sanchez hit one of her free throw shots, and then the ball got passed into Emily Moffit, who held the ball for the last 3 seconds giving the senior girls a memorable win of 36 to 35. 

Next up, the senior girls and junior guys will play the faculty men’s and women’s teams on March 1. 

Sophomore and senior girls battle for a basket.

Senior Joshua Yakam sets up a shot.

Senior Yanely Sanchez gears up for the game winning shot in the girl’s final game.

Sophomores Avery Dingman and Isabella Williams Marlow race down the court.