Echolier

Collegedale Academy

Collegedale Academy

Echolier

Collegedale Academy

Echolier

Week of Prayer 2023

During August 21-26 Collegedale Academy had its Week of Prayer. Our special speaker this year was Pastor Scotty Steward, the new youth Pastor of the Bowman Hills SDA Church. 

Week of Prayer is when the school has longer chapels throughout the week, and hosts a special speaker. Also, the praise team comes up and sings 2-3 songs before the Pastor speaks.

The theme of Pastor Scotty’s message was “He is greater than me,” which was also the SA theme for this year. Our theme song, Hosanna by Hillsong United, was about praising God and realizing how almighty He is . 

Pastor Scotty started off the week with a few of his humorous stories about how he was in track and field in school and how he was the “class comedian”. A lot of the students enjoyed the way he presented himself since he was younger and easy to relate to. Many students enjoyed his story on how he met his wife, and how she didn’t like him for the first two months! Many students laughed at his many stories, and were pleased on how he always tied up his stories perfectly on how God will always be greater than us. Pastor Scotty reminded us that when we go through tough times in life, we need to remember that God is greater than us. He also talked about how since God is so much more powerful than us, that He can deliver us and help us in any situation that we are in right now.

Something special about that week was that everyday Pastor Scotty would do an altar call at the end of his sermon. Everyday, almost the whole chapel would stand up and come to the front. On the last day Pastor Scotty asked everyone if they wanted to get baptized or rebaptized to stay after chapel. Unlike other years when 2 or 3 students stayed afterwards on the last day, a big handful of students were eager to give their lives to God. 

Throughout the week Pastor Scotty would come to each Bible class and answer questions. Overall, Prayer Week of August 2023 was a success and blessing from God!

View Comments (1)