New Year’s Resolutions: to make or not to make?

The coming of the new year presents us with an opportunity to have a fresh start and change ourselves for the better.

New Year’s resolutions are the traditional, tried and true way to do that, but nowadays it seems that New Year’s resolutions are becoming less popular.

I personally made some New Year’s resolutions, but I definitely struggle with keeping them.

I talked to several students and teachers and asked them if they made any resolutions this year and if not, their reasoning behind their decision.

“I did make a resolution but not at New Years. I said that I wanted to stop questioning God.” -Steve Su, sophomore

“No, I didn’t make any because I knew that I probably wasn’t going to keep them.” – Cesiah Hernandez, sophomore

“No, I didn’t make any New Year’s resolutions. I believe that it doesn’t have to be New Years for someone to decide to make a resolution. I think you can make resolutions any time of the year.” -Meredith Brackbill, sophomore

“No, I didn’t. I’ve made resolutions before and it hadn’t really worked out for me because I didn’t stick to them. I’ve just decided to let God do what he has planned for me in my life. I’ve already been working on improving in things in this month.” – Emily Martinez, sophomore

“Yes, I did make a New Year’s resolution. I made a resolution to read the whole Bible in a year.”- Abby Hansen